Product code: INDMFH
Title: Mass Finishing Handbook
Author: LaRoux Gillespie
Description: Compiled from the author's 40 years of research and, this detailed handbook provides "how-to" details of all mass finishing/loose abrasive finishing processes that experienced finishers will find as useful as the first-time user. It covers 16 basic mass finishing processes, including vibratory, centrifugal disc, magnetic abrasive, cryogenic, and chemical-assisted processes—offering data and charts based on thousands of measurements to make process selection easier. In addition to providing case histories and a host of practical tips, it also discusses mass finishing economics, edge requirements, surface requirements, side effects, the impact of burr size and part definition, media, and compounds. Whether you're a manufacturing engineer buying a machine for the first time, or a shop foreman, or an experienced user who is looking for ideas for more economical approaches; this is the perfect resource for you!
- Contains complete coverage of all processes, based on precision finishing requirements and filled with user data rather than sales information.
- Provides data that enables users to quickly assess the best approaches.
- Only book of its kind that deals with burrs and precision finishing.
- Offers coverage of magnetic finishing and cryogenic information not found in any other English language books.
- Includes an extensive bibliography of world literature on the topic.
|FMA-TPA Member Price:||$95.96|